|Nasi Goreng (Fried rice) that looks so delicious|
4 cups cooled cooked rice
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tsp shrimp paste
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 medium onion
1 tsp chilli
2 tbsp oilsalt
- Slice the onion lengthwise, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic, chilli and shrimp paste until the onion is soft.
- Add the rice and salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly while constantly turning until every grain is coated. Then add the soya sauce and mix again until the colour is even throughout.
- The rice should have taken on a nice orange-red tinge from the chilli powder. Cooked meat or prawns can be added with the soya sauce.
- Onion crisps (Goreng Bawang) is used as a garnish.
- To make it 'istimewa' or special, a lightly fired egg, some cucumber slices and kerupuk (prawn crakers) are served on top of the rice.