|Fried noodles in a beautiful dish|
Jakarta (NasiGoreng) - Easy ways to make fried noodles (Bakmi Goreng), only on the Nasi Goreng page
5 cups of water
1 lb. fresh egg noodles
3 Tbs. Vegetable oil
2 shallots, thin-sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup thin-sliced boneless chicken/beef/pork
½ lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into ½-inch pieces
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
4-5 stalks baby bok choy, leaves and young stem cut into 1½-inch pieces or chopped cabbage
1 tsp. salt or to taste
¼ tsp. white pepper or to taste
3 Tbs. sweet soy sauce
2 Tbs. deep fried shallots
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot, and add the noodles.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain immediately and rinse it under cold water.
- Mix the noodles with 1 Tbs. Of the oil, and set it aside.
- Place the remaining 2 Tbs. of oil in a wok and cook over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry the crush garlic and shallots until the color becomes yellow or brown, or the aroma comes out.
- Add the chicken/beef/pork and shrimp, stir-fry for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, scallions, baby bok choy, salt and pepper, stir fry it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir it well.
- Last, add the sweet soy sauce. Mix well so that all the ingredients will be evenly distributed.
Place the fried egg noodles on a platter and sprinkle the top with deep fried shallots.
Thanks for reading Bakmi Goreng. Please share...!