- 1 med Roasting chicken
- 2 x Onions
- 4 x Cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Dark soya sauce
- 3 tbl Tauco (salted yellow beans)
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 tbl Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Tamarind water
- 1 cup Water
- This recipe calls for 'tauco' which can be either salted black beans or salted yellow beans. Either can be found in a Chinese market as salted black bean or salted yellow bean sauce. Or you can track down Indonesian salted yellow beans and smash 'em up yourself. Thai markets carry them.
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces; wash, and dry. Slice the onions.
- Pound the garlic and the tauco into a smooth paste.
- Fry the onions in the oil for half a minute. Add the tauco, then the chicken. Stir well, so that every part of the chicken is coated with tauco. Put in the soya sauce and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover, and simmer very gently for 45 minutes. Then take the lid off, and cook for a further 5 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 4 servings.
Foto : Istimewa
Thanks for reading Ayam Tauco (Chicken Cooked with Salted Yellow Beans). Please share...!