- 1 lb yellow squash chopped 1/2" dice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/8 lb dried shrimp washed, and ground coarsely, (optional)
- 1 tbl fish sauce
- 4 cup light coconut milk mixed with lots of water1 cup
- heavy coconut milk
- 1 3/4 oz basil leaves
- Salt to taste SPICE PASTE
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 4 x red chilies
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 tbl ground lemongrass
- 1/4 tsp shrimp paste
- 6 sm shallots
- Pour the lime juice over the chopped squash. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the light coconut milk in a heavy stockpot and bring it to a boil. Pour dried shrimp and spice paste (grind all spice ingredients finely). Put the squash into the mixture. Let the squash half-cook and then pour in the heavy coconut milk. Stir for a few times until cooked.
- Lastly, put in the fish sauce and salt. Before serving, put in the basil.
- This recipe yields 5 to 6 servings.
Foto : Istimewa
Thanks for reading Yellow Squash Soup - (Sayur Labu Kuning). Please share...!