- 1 kg rump steak
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 small red chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 lemon grass, 10 cm stem
- 4 cup coconut milk
- Remove fat and sinew from steak, cut meat into 3 cm cubes, place in bowl.
- In food processor, combine onions, garlic, ginger, chillies and water, blend until smooth. Add the mixture to steak.
- Add :
- coriander, tamarind sauce, turmeric, curry leaves and lemon grass,stir until combined. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduceheat to medium, simmer, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to very low, simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequentlyuntil the meat is very tender and liquid has been absorbed. Removelemon grass before serving. NOTE: It is necessary to stir the BeefRendang often during the last 30 minutes of cooking to preventcoconut milk from separating and to avoid sticking.
- This distinctiveand delicious curry is cooked very slowly for a long time, until themeat is very succulent and all the coconut milk has been absorbed.
- Suggested holding back 2 cups of coconut milk until thelast 30 minutes of cooking, then slowly adding it then, as youcontinue to simmer and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Back to 7-Lifestyle
Foto : Istimewa
Thanks for reading Beef Rendang (Padang Dish, Indonesia). Please share...!